Getting to Saltspring
Friday, January 11th, 10:25pm ferry from Tsawwassen to Long Harbour, Saltspring Island.
Getting to the ferry
- Get to the Tsawwassen ferry terminal BEFORE 10:10pm. The ferries will deny access to foot passengers arriving within 10 minutes of departure. They are notoriously cranky about this. Do not miss the ferry.
- Option 1: Carpool to the terminal (south on Hwy 17) and split the cost of parking. The farthest back lot is cheapest. Email the list if you are planning to drive and can offer rides.
- Option 2: http://www.translink.ca. (If your route asks you to get on the #620 at Ladner Exchange, please for the love of pogies check that it is the #620 Tsawwassen ferry and not the #620 bridgeport station bus that you are getting on).
- In Tsawwassen, ask for a ticket to "Long Harbour, Saltspring Island".
On the Ferry
- bring a teabag and enjoy their free hot water ;)
- Try to identify anyone else on the trip. They will be wearing or carrying large backpacks and smiling shyly in your direction. They're probably friendly, and will be feeding you at some point, so probably a good idea to say hi.
- We will pick you up at 11:50pm at Long Harbour on Saltspring Island. Then we will quickly eat cheesecake and go to sleep.